If you aren’t utilizing social media as a part of your marketing plan, your business could easily be missing on increased exposure, sales, and explosive growth.
Here are five easy steps to creating a successful social media marketing plan to take your business to the next level.
1. Consistency is key. The number one reason most social media marketing efforts fail is because they lack in consistency. Generally, a company or business owner will set up a Facebook fan page or Twitter profile and only sporadically post – when they remember. This isn’t a strategy, in fact it’s simply marketing by default. Instead, come up with a consistent plan and stick with it. That may include posting daily, actively seeking out conversations, or finding new followers.
2. Engage your community. Having a one-sided conversation doesn’t benefit anyone. Don’t make the mistake of simply sending out information on your social media profiles, but not actively engaging with your community. Fans and followers can quickly tell when you are simply putting information out in the world, but not being involved and following through with that conversation.
3. Keep it fresh. Doing anything repetitively will quickly show your following that you aren’t really participating in your social media marketing plan. For example, have you ever followed people online that only posts quotes? You can tell that these people aren’t truly engaged. Keeping your content fresh, fun, and captivating will get people to notice you. Think about integrating pictures, video, blogs, and other ways to reach your market and command their attention.
4. Get personal. Whether you are on social media as an entrepreneur, small business, or large company – followers and fans like to know what is happening for you personally. If you are representing yourself as a company, that’s fine too, but do include the human aspect of it. Use personal pictures, post what is going on with you within the business, (no need to talk about your breakfast here), and let people know there’s a face behind the company.
5. Sharing content. Individuals online are typically information seekers. When you become a source of information online, people will share your content, see you as a credible expert, and seek out your postings. Don’t look at social media as an opportunity to simply sell what you do and offer your services. Much like in person-networking, social networking is all about building relationships. The traditional rule applies – people buy from those they know, like, and trust. Ask yourself, would you do business with you based on how you are representing your business and your brand online?
Follow these five easy steps on social media marketing and you’ll soon find the online success that you crave.