Facebook has definitely managed to establish itself as a major player in the world of social networking.
The online community on Facebook is growing everyday with individuals creating Facebook accounts in order to link up with friends and meet new people.
From its dominance in the world of social networking, Facebook definitely offers a lot of value to website and business owners. This can be evidenced through one of its applications, namely “Facebook pages”
Facebook pages provide a platform where businesses, artists, non-profit organizations and celebrities can promote themselves to the wide community of Facebook users.
So, what value does your website or business stand to gain by creating a Facebook page
- Facebook pages are very friendly to search engines since they are indexed. This increases the probability of the many online users finding your business through search engine searches thus popularizing it.
- Facebook pages allow for multiple administrators, which reduces the workload as well as increases the opportunity of achieving more through contributing and maintaining the page jointly.
- Facebook pages allow one to analyze traffic. This is so since users are required to provide data, which is very important in appraising visitors
- Facebook pages can have as many fans as possible with no limits imposed. This certainly allows business and website owners to target as many fans thus boosting traffic.
- Facebook pages allow owners to easily interact with fans through updates and messages. Fans can also post these messages on their wall or forward them which increases popularity.
Facebook pages are only effective if they are properly used. This is why you need to be sure that you are doing things right.
Tips to guide you when using Facebook pages
- Add Facebook applications that enhance your interaction with fans such as Video and Static FBML on your Facebook page.
- Frequently update your status with interesting and informative content that keeps your fans informed.
- Encourage postings by fans on the wall tab to facilitate interaction.
- Each tab in your Facebook page usually has its own specific URL, therefore, it is important to choose and set the default tab that gives you the most value.
- Make sure to import an RSS feed by using the notes application. It will certainly boost traffic to your blog.
- Encourage your fans to share Notes, Videos or Photos with friends. They can also post them in their profiles.
- Apply applications such as Static FBML to target subscribers through email web form.
By effectively following these tips, your Facebook page will definitely achieve the necessary publicity that will drive traffic to your website.
Subscribe in a reader